Sunday, April 19, 2009

Monsters Vs Aliens

Monsters Vs Aliens
2009
Directed by Rob Letterman and Conrad Vernon

This is the first 3D film that I have seen since The Nightmare Before Christmas was re-released in theaters a couple of years back. I went to see this movie because it was 3D, and although it wasn't the best animated film I have ever seen... it was worth seeing it in 3D. The film was funny enough and I loved all of the references to old sci-fi movies. It just felt like a re-hash of The Incredibles to me.

The main reason to see this film is the 3D presentation. Yes, my eyes did feel a bit of a stain after a while... but it was worth it. The destruction of the Golden Gate Bridge sequence has received much attention and it deserves the notice. This sequence was very thrilling to watch and the 3D aspect of it added so much. Since this film was a success, it will be interesting to see where 3D goes from here.

Rustin Allison

No comments: