Friday, March 27, 2009

Black Sheep

Black Sheep
2006
Directed by Jonathan King

Black Sheep was a film that I remember seeing the trailer for, but unfortunately it never played in a theater near me. I may have lucked out on that point. I was quite disappointed in the film itself.

The film had the potential to be a great horror-comedy, but I felt the film was filled with too many gags that ended up just falling flat. I thought the idea of people running away from a sheep was hilarious, but this was muddled by using every sheep joke available.

The effects were quite good, but the film isn't worth watching just for them. The sheep creatures were excellent, and you could tell the filmmakers were going for more comedic approach... I just feel they missed their mark just a bit.

Rustin Allison

No comments: