Sunday, March 8, 2009

Notes on a Scandal

Notes on a Scandal
2006
Directed by Richard Eyre

This is a film that I have been meaning to see for a while. This film is worth watching for the two powerhouse performances from Cate Blanchett and Judi Dench. While I have always admired Judi Dench, I am only just beginning to appreciate Cate Blanchett. Her perfomances are always superb in the few things that I have seen. 

There other aspect of this film that I enjoyed about this film is the score by Phillip Glass. Although, I am not a fan of his strictly classical works I think his film scores are superb. There always seems to be an unrelenting feeling to his film scores and this apect of his music fits in so well with the themes and narrative of Notes on a Scandal.

Rustin Allison

No comments: